For many years, we have been talking about and planning for a new, larger skating rink for Columbus. We have added new programs, laid the foundation for others not possible at our current location, and investigated a variety of different possibilities for such a new facility or location. We have been doing research, formulating specific plans, and assembling a variety of different options. Building plans have been drawn up, alterations and potential changes have been discussed, and a solid plan has emerged for us going forward.
Now is the time! Our "best-case scenario" goal is to open the doors at a new location by Fall of 2014. We need your help more than ever. As these plans come together in the near future, one thing is certain...we must have the support of the community to make this happen. Will you join us and support our efforts? Can you help us make this dream a reality for the citizens of Columbus? We need your help! Here's how:
1) Obviously, a project such as this requires a great deal of financial support. Now, we're not here asking for money. To fund a project like this would take tens of thousands of kids involved in all of our programs to just make this happen outright. So, simply signing up for a league or stopping out for a skate session won't pay off the cost of such a project. But, it does help. We are looking for such support not only to help make loan payments and cover costs, but to also show that the Columbus community supports a project just like this. By supporting us through attending a public skate session (or two), signing up for one of our leagues or clinics, or hosting your next party at the rink, you show that Columbus wants such a facility, and also that the community as a whole is willing to support it being around for many years to come. In return, not only will you help us bring a new, larger skating rink into Columbus in the near future, you get the immediate satisfaction of participating in a fun league or event. Your continued support up to this point has brought us closer to achieving our goals, but we must step it up. Tell your friends, neighbors, family, and anyone else to help support this project.
2) Another way you can help us out is by helping us network. Facebook and Twitter are among the best ways to spread such a message throughout the area (and even the world). As we move forward with this project, as we post updates and stories, or even add special events and registration dates to our calendar, your help in promoting these items will only grow interest and support for this endeavor.
3) We want to build this facility "by Columbus, for Columbus." We want to build this using construction companies, materials, and workers from the Columbus community. We don't want to go out of town or out of state to make this happen. Help us keep this project local. Local businesses, organizations, and individuals who help us make this happen will be recognized permanently in the lobby of the new facility, as well as in other ways. If interested in investing in this project, or in providing a "hometown discount" in exchange for permanent recognition, please contact us today. These opportunities are available on a first come, first serve basis, so don't delay!
4) Tell your parents. Yes, the great majority of our current activities are kid oriented. While the new facility will only expand on those options for kids, we will also have more entertainment options available for parents and families as well. So, even parents have a reason to jump on board with this project. Our planned facility will offer even more fun for everyone! Any parents who are interested in learning more about our plans, or to become actively involved with this project should contact us today.
5) We are still taking your ideas. We don't have all of the answers. We've always taken pride in taking recommendations, suggestions, and concerns from our customers and the community and using them to make improvements and other changes to our business. The same is true for our future facility. We still want to hear your ideas for the new facility, from new programs and entertainment options to our concession stand menu. Whatever you would like to see happen, just let us know. We have received plenty of great ideas, many of which have already been worked into our future plans. So, keep 'em coming!
Be sure to watch our website, as well as our Facebook page (or follow us on Twitter) for the latest news and updates on this project. Be sure to use the links below to share this article (and any others) with your friends and family. Also, tell your parents to visit our website to stay updated and informed as well. We need the support of not only the kids, but adults as well.
Thanks for all of your help, and we look forward to coming together as a community to make this happen!